– We do not keep any personal information such as your name, address, phone number, or email when you visit our website. These information are only collected if you provide them willingly when you subscribe to our newsletter, when you file a request for some information or fill up a form on our website.
– The personal information that you give us are protected under the federal law on the protection of personal information. This means that you will be informed of any information collection concerning you, as well as the reasons for such collection, and of your right to have access to the information.
– However, we collect the data on the activity on our website in order to improve it and to do better at meeting your needs. No personal information concerning you is collected, the data that we are interested in are rather technical.
For example, we want to know:
- The name of your internet supplier, his IP address and the name of the service provided
- The length of each visit
- The amount of request by visit
- The type of exploitation system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.) that you use
- The type of browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) used
Canadians are protected by the following two federal laws in terms of the protection of personal information:
The law on the personal information protection and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Acts (PIPEDA). The PIPEDA is founded on the code in the protection of personal information of the Canadian Standards Association, that is included. In Quebec, the organizations are subject to the law on personal information protection in the private sector. The commission of access to information make sure that the law is being applied.
We are responsible for the personal information that we possess. It is the responsibility of our chief of direction to put in place policies and practices regarding personal information protection and to ensure it is being respected.
– Determining the purpose of the collect:
Before collecting personal information about you, or before we are about to do it, we inform you of the reasons why we are doing so, of the way the information will be used and the circumstances in which they could be used.
Your personal information will not be collected, used or communicated without your consent.
– Limitations of the collect:
Your personal information will be collected only in the case of the determined purposes, and only if it is reasonable and appropriate to do it in such circumstances.
– Limits of the use, of the communication and of the conservation of personal information:
You personal information will never be used nor communicated for any reason other than why it was collected, unless you’ve agreed to it or that the law requires it. The information will only be kept as long as necessary for the achievement of the determined purpose.
It is important for the personal information that we detain to be exact, complete and updated. If you believe they are not accurate, please contact-us.
– Security measures:
Personal information is protected by the security measure corresponding to the degree of sensitivity. The methods of protection will involve material measures, administrative measures and technical measures.
– Access to personal information:
You have the right to ask access to the personal information we hold about you. You can also contest the accuracy, the entirety of that information and ask for corrections to be made.
– Complaints about the non-respect of the principles:
You can complain about the non-respect of the aforementioned principles to the chief of direction.